I was just sitting here thinking to myself why am I so lazy? Of course I heard a few voices of friends and family saying stop being so hard on yourself, but then I really started thinking about it. All afternoon I’ve been trying to find a good book to read, I own literally hundreds on my Kindle Fire but as soon as I would start one, I’d think about a piece of jewelry I wanted to make or a Facebook post I wanted to respond to.
During the week this is exactly what happens when I sit down to one thing, I’m easily distracted or bored and change to something else until I get bored again. I get so down on myself because yet another day has gone by without accomplishing anything but like today, I’m thinking another day wasted but then I go over the day.
1. stripped the bed, flipped the mattress and through the sheets in the laundry
2. decided fresh baked bread sounded good, so I first searched the Internet, landed on the same recipe I always seem to use and started up the machine.
3. cleaned up old files on the laptop
4. texted back and forth with daughter arranging pickup of my youngest at bgsu
5. Started reading like 4 different books, ultimately not finding anything that held my attention.
6. scrubbed the foyer floor, my dog has had a peeing problem and has been using the slate floor instead of the backyard.
7. sat outside for about 5 minutes, realized I needed to dry the bedding, back in I went
8. Dried sheets, made bed, put the comforter back in the duvet cover(that’s like quadruple points if you’ve ever done this by yourself-it’s a challenge)
9. Drove to BGSU and back to pick up my youngest
10 worked on notes for a pre-trial I have on Tues.
11 and blah blah blah, really it’s not a lot but it’s the fact that I first blamed myself for being lazy, I think I’m just really easily distracted and more importantly bored. I hate listening to inane conversation….yes very much like this blog today 🙂 I can never settle on a tv show, I am a huge channel surfer and never just watch tv, I’m always doing something else at the same time.
I get asked about what I did on a particular day and it irritates me, I don’t want to run through what I did in a day, it bored me the first time why would I want to repeat it and bore someone else. I wonder if there is a way to better segment my time so I’m not down on myself for not accomplishing huge tasks but many smaller ones that equal larger later.
Rambling over I need to go watch Dateline, make earrings and still need to find a book to read. How’s your weekend?
It Might Be Boredom Not Depression